4/22/14
As we approach our 15 weeks, I can say that I officially feel, look and think 100% like a pregnant woman. I also have to make a confession.
Back in the not so far back day until long ago, I was one of those (non prego) women who would listen to a pregnant woman go on and on and on about their pregnancy/baby growth and initially would listen and be engaged and happy. After listening to the stories time and time again, I admit that I would be dying inside. After rolling my eyes (to myself), I would think (to myself) "You are NOT the first pregnant person on the planet!!"..."Oh my god please stop!" ...... "Holy Crap when are you going to give birth so my misery ends"...... and many other no so pleasant thoughts. For that I apologize but at the time, that was me.
I totally get it now. I have become that person and for those of you who aren't there yet, I apologize. If you decide to have kids I hope you learn to understand at that time and forgive me. For my people that do not plan on having children, again, I'm sorry. It's just a mentally, physically, life consuming thing I'm dealing with right now. My entire body, mind, spirit, cell, physical ability, appetite, digestive system, sleeping pattern, etc etc etc ...every inch of my being and life is consumed by this person growing inside of me. If my stories or babyness is too much for you right now... I will understand if you need to take some space until my mind and body is once again or at least partially of my own in the future. I also promise to never scorn or roll my eyes (internally) at another maternity/baby story ever again in my entire life (unless I just don't like you in which case, chances are I won't be around you... but you never know).
Thank you to my friends and family who have been so comforting, supportive and loving, regardless if you are rolling your eyes at me or not.
Next appointment: April 30th! Our 16 week appointment!
Love,
Us.
No comments:
Post a Comment