Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Flutters, hunger and maternity pants


Flutters Away!

A couple evenings ago I was laying on the couch when all of a sudden, I had a fluttering feeling in my lower abdomen. It wasn't gas (trust me I would have known if it was), I wasn't hungry, didn't have an upset stomach.... then it happened again. My eyes bulged out of my head at what I think was and am pretty sure since I get them regularly now our babe moving around and sending a tactile hello via the womb. The emotions were similar to seeing our babe, gummy bearish on the screen for the first time. Our baby making moves as to let me know he/she is there moving around, enjoying "womb service" and just taking it's sweet time growing and getting ready to greet us this fall....  makes MY heart flutter.

Cravings, so far....

For the most part, my cravings have been pretty tame but healthy. Strawberries were all I could think of for a week. Pasta is the constant craving, unless sub consciously I just love pasta and my body is using pregnancy as an excuse to eat it regularly. Let's just say Pasta is a craving... and now ... chocolate. I was at lunch with a dear friend Jennifer (who I think is 2 cm dilated as I type this very moment) when we discussed our need to eat ice cream while sitting in the sunshine after lunch. We stopped at our local ice cream stop and for the first time in as long as I can remember I ordered a chocolate milk shake. Jen had her ice cream. If it wasn't for the children around us, I probably would have made inappropriate moaning sounds with each sip. It's my new love. Well, chocolate in general (of good quality, not crap chocolate) but since I'm not a human garbage disposal and rather not gain the recommended total weight before my 3rd trimester I shall try my best to space out my indulging. The key word being try. I'm also not sure if this is a common occurrence with pregnancy or if it's just me but I feel like I also have culinary related A.D.D. I want a hotdog (and yes I can eat them so long as they are well cooked, thank you... I checked)... No, I want a peanut butter & jelly sandwich... NO! Wait! A slice of pizza.. No! An orange... just a glass of milk. Every. Day. I guess as long as I'm not eating everything I crave the moment I think of it, I'm alright. Thankfully I haven't had the pleasure of eating anything I consider bizarre or unusual. Yet.

Maternity Pants

So not sexy, with the stretchy belly covering material...... but so frikking comfortable that the woman who invented these.. and yes, I'm going to suggest that this brilliant idea came from a woman..... who ever she is... deserves The Medal of Honor, Nobel Prize... Presidential Pardon (if she was or is incarcerated) just something to show how genius and wonderful she truly is. I salute you kind lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment