THE GOOD THINGS
Watching the belly pulse:
I never thought I'd be entertained on a weekend night by watching my exposed belly pulse and move but apparently I am. My social calender is pretty inactive these days for a variety of reasons I'm totally fine with so what else is there really to do? I'm not so sure I'd be on belly watch around anyone else besides Joe at this point but regardless of how many kicks and jabs or what feels like Emma s heel moving ever so slowly and deliberately into my rib...I can't get enough and I gasp in loving awe every time.
Ice Cream:
More and more I'm convinced Ice Cream was either invented by a pregnant lady or a husband/significant other who was incredibly sweet (get it, sweet?), wise and compassionate... an invention made out of the pure desire to appease the mother in the making exasperated from discomfort and in need of a sweet treat. Also no judgement on how often ice cream is consumed. Joe learned his lesson after one evening he said to me after I mentioned getting ice cream "Didn't you have a milkshake earlier?" Yeah that didn't end well for him.
The Pregnancy Card:
I have it and I use it daily. I'm at a point now where I simply wear it on my forehead. "Yeah, no I'm not making an extra trip to the store, I'm pregnant."... "Oh shit, I dropped something, well someone will get it. I'm pregnant and can't bend over."..... "Yes, I really am going up to bed at 8:30pm. I'm pregnant.".... "So what if I'm crying at a commercial for Life Insurance. I'm pregnant." ..... What I first joked as something I looked forward to using is something I need to use often. I'm not claiming to be incapable of anything what so ever... well, maybe I should wait to bungee jump til NEXT summer but never the less, I am physically, mentally and now it seems emotionally limited into what I can or want to do these days... because I'm pregnant (waving card in the air).
Hiccups:
Emma seems to have hiccups every morning when I wake up and while at first they freaked me out, I have to say I enjoy the consistent pulse to my side where her back is (per the Ultra Sound technician from our appointment the other day) and try to attempt picturing her bouncing around inside. I've also taken up rubbing my fingers/hands over that area with the ideal that in no time I'll be rubbing her back as she lays in my arms.
Are people actually nicer?:
I highly doubt that the noticeable niceness of those around me are due to my charming, sparkling and over all joyous personality (cough)... but it seems to me that people are more polite and or friendly to a pregnant lady. I also enjoy following the eye gaze of strangers, from eyes straight to belly. I'm tempted to one day (probably should do that soon seeing as time is running out) to respond to someone asking how far long I am, making the assumption I am pregnant with a "What do you mean??? Do you really think I'm pregnant?" while holding a horrified facial expression as long as I can. Ya know, just to see what happens.
Are people actually nicer?:
I highly doubt that the noticeable niceness of those around me are due to my charming, sparkling and over all joyous personality (cough)... but it seems to me that people are more polite and or friendly to a pregnant lady. I also enjoy following the eye gaze of strangers, from eyes straight to belly. I'm tempted to one day (probably should do that soon seeing as time is running out) to respond to someone asking how far long I am, making the assumption I am pregnant with a "What do you mean??? Do you really think I'm pregnant?" while holding a horrified facial expression as long as I can. Ya know, just to see what happens.
THE NOT SO GOOD THINGS
Flinstone Feet:
No seriously, All I need is a car made out of stone and I could run that piece of shit all throughout Syracuse on what has turned into these god awful pads of skin filled with god knows what, that look like something that was bred, born and raised in the Amazon. When you first wake up and place your puffy feet on the floor which are so puffy that your toes can't even touch the ground... oh let me tell you... you are NOT bringing Sexy Back.
Who took my body and what is this heavy skin sac you left me to die in?
If you did a google image search and entered "Michele Pilchens nipples".. chances are you would see 2 massive round things in the results. I get what the purpose of the nipples are but good Lord, is my babe going to be suffocated by these things? Are we anticipating her having a mouth like Steven Tyler? WHY the need for crater size nipples. I only hope our little home girl can handle them. The baby isn't here yet and I feel like something out of a National Geographic magazine (can't wait to see what breastfeeding will do to them). Not to mention the fact that the chest in general is just in the way. For the record, I'm not too proud to admit I've thought about a breast lift after we are done making babies. That's right. I said babies as in plural. I don't need more breast, I just want them to be as fabulous as they used to be, pointing out, not down. This is just speaking of the chest. Never mind the thigh expansion and the incredibly round and borderline impressive ass to boot. At least I was told I was growing proportionately which thinking on that now, I'm not so sure I feel so flattered.
Hygienic Routines May Require Yoga and Deep Breathing:
Think of everything you do in the bathroom that you do with ease. Yeah, everything. Shaving, cleaning up after using the toilet, clipping toe nails, then add pregnancy to it... a few pounds, the inability to bend and what you have is a routine that tests your patience and requires breaks. Seriously, had someone told me it what it would take just to clip the nails off my Flinstone Feet I would have thought "It can't be that bad".. oh it is. You wonder why some women just give up and let go.
I can already feel the reaction of some "It'll be worth it in the end"... "Some women can't experience what you do so just ... blah blah blah">..I KNOW. I really know but as happy as we are to be producing, we are allowed our feelings of frustration just the same. I've done some crazy and wonderful shit in my time and this is by far one of the most amazing adventures I've been. This journey is about me, the babe and Joe most of the time :) so either take me as I am, my swollen cankles of happiness and frustration or just pass a pint of ice cream and go away silently.
No seriously, All I need is a car made out of stone and I could run that piece of shit all throughout Syracuse on what has turned into these god awful pads of skin filled with god knows what, that look like something that was bred, born and raised in the Amazon. When you first wake up and place your puffy feet on the floor which are so puffy that your toes can't even touch the ground... oh let me tell you... you are NOT bringing Sexy Back.
Who took my body and what is this heavy skin sac you left me to die in?
If you did a google image search and entered "Michele Pilchens nipples".. chances are you would see 2 massive round things in the results. I get what the purpose of the nipples are but good Lord, is my babe going to be suffocated by these things? Are we anticipating her having a mouth like Steven Tyler? WHY the need for crater size nipples. I only hope our little home girl can handle them. The baby isn't here yet and I feel like something out of a National Geographic magazine (can't wait to see what breastfeeding will do to them). Not to mention the fact that the chest in general is just in the way. For the record, I'm not too proud to admit I've thought about a breast lift after we are done making babies. That's right. I said babies as in plural. I don't need more breast, I just want them to be as fabulous as they used to be, pointing out, not down. This is just speaking of the chest. Never mind the thigh expansion and the incredibly round and borderline impressive ass to boot. At least I was told I was growing proportionately which thinking on that now, I'm not so sure I feel so flattered.
Hygienic Routines May Require Yoga and Deep Breathing:
Think of everything you do in the bathroom that you do with ease. Yeah, everything. Shaving, cleaning up after using the toilet, clipping toe nails, then add pregnancy to it... a few pounds, the inability to bend and what you have is a routine that tests your patience and requires breaks. Seriously, had someone told me it what it would take just to clip the nails off my Flinstone Feet I would have thought "It can't be that bad".. oh it is. You wonder why some women just give up and let go.
I can already feel the reaction of some "It'll be worth it in the end"... "Some women can't experience what you do so just ... blah blah blah">..I KNOW. I really know but as happy as we are to be producing, we are allowed our feelings of frustration just the same. I've done some crazy and wonderful shit in my time and this is by far one of the most amazing adventures I've been. This journey is about me, the babe and Joe most of the time :) so either take me as I am, my swollen cankles of happiness and frustration or just pass a pint of ice cream and go away silently.
No comments:
Post a Comment